Exclusively by Jo Ann Buchheister, CDA, RDA, BS, Owner of Macomb Dental Education Center
This two-day dental x-ray certification course, in cooperation with the Macomb Dental Education Center, has been designed to be substantially equivalent to the Michigan Board of Dentistry requirement for dental assistant training.
A Radiographic Certificate is required by the Michigan State Board of Dentistry Rules and Regulations. A certificate is required in order for a Dental Assistant to expose radiographs. A growing number of offices we work with require candidates to have current certification. Don’t miss out on possible work because of lack of certification!
Course Content – State of Michigan Guidelines
- Radiation Physics and Biology
- Radiation Health, Safety and Protection
- Film Exposure
- Processing Factors
- Intraoral and Extraoral Techniques
- Film Mounting
- Clinical Evaluation
- Didactic Exam
Training takes place over two consecutive Fridays. For your convenience, we are offering the following certification sessions:
**Day two (Clinical): 10:00 am – 2:00 pm, is held at Macomb Dental Education Center, 28631 Hoover Rd., Warren, MI 48093 | 586.558.4299
Certificates are awarded upon successful completion of the entire program.
$295.00 per person
Dental X-Ray Certification Program Highlights
Participants will learn:
- To identify the components of x-ray film exposure and processing
- The physical characteristics of x-radiation production and how to control the effects on radiographs.
- Radiation health and safety
- Infection control techniques
- Individual hands-on instruction is provided, and certificates will be awarded upon the successful completion of the program
Instructor: Jo Ann Buchheister, CDA, RDA, BS is a past member of the Michigan State Board of Dentistry and is the Dental Assisting Program Director at Wayne County Community College District. She has over 40 years of experience as a dental assistant, office manager and educator.
Seats are limited and fill quickly. Select a date above to register.
Attendees of this course must be currently employed in the dental field with direct patient care.
Attendees of this course must have a working knowledge of dental anatomy and terminology.